So dear grooms, fiancées and husbands-to-be here is a small guide and and some helpful advice from brilliance.com on how to choose the perfect engagement ring.
Before starting this long process, first establish your budget. Most people believe their starting price has to equal two month's salary, but that's not entirely the case. Choosing the right ring is most important regardless of the price.
Three main things to consider at the beginning are:
1. Quality - you'll want to purchase the diamond with the highest possible quality within your budget.
2. Jeweler - make sure the jewelry shop you go to is reputable with testimonials from past satisfied customers.
3. Expenses - take a close look at all your expenses and weigh up priorities -such as attire, wedding, honeymoon, credit cards, new house etc.
Choosing the right metal is very important.
If your bride wears yellow gold, choosing an engagement ring of this type will complement her style and taste. if she prefers white gold or silver jewelry, then a white gold engagement ring will be a wise choice. This metal also blends well with other jewelry and clothing.
What Karats mean:
18K gold consists of 75% of gold and 25% of alloy metals. For those who prefer yellow gold 18K exhibits richer colouring than 14K.
14K gold consists of 58.3% of gold 41.7% of alloy metals. It is whiter than 18K and is a popular choice for limited budgets.
In regard to the diamonds, cut and shape are not synonymous. While a diamond's cut refers to the number of the facets and their proportions, its shape is used to describe the form of the finished stone. The most popular engagement ring shapes are:
When selecting the diamond shape try to examine a few options to find which one will look best on your bride-to-be's finger.
So now you've went through all the steps and you are ready to purchase the perfect ring - but don't forget a few very important details:
1. Get gemological appraisal that confirms ring's value for insurance purposes.
2. Make sure that you jeweller offers you a money-back-guarantee and a hassle free policy.
3. Get insurance to protect your ring in the event that it is lost or stolen. The most common policy is called "replacement coverage" , which guarantees a payment that will purchase a ring identical in quality, metal and setting.
Whether you are planning an intimate proposal or public proclamation, the perfect ring you chose for your bride-to-be will enhance the joy of the moment. She will remember your proposal forever and will treasure her engagement ring as a symbol of your undying love.
I want to thank "Brilliance" for all their amazing advice and detailed information about engagement rings and metals. Don't forget to visit www.brilliance.com for your perfect ring.